Jump to Navigation
Family Law Attorney

I provide experienced legal guidance in family law, divorce and special education law. I represent parents and families throughout western Massachusetts.

January 2017 Archives

Can wage garnishment be court-ordered on back-owed child support?

You would do just about anything for your child. This is true of parents living separately and parents who live together with their child. The difference for separated parents is that they have to balance raising their child from separate households. This can be tricky for the primary custodial parent, especially when they do not receive the court-ordered child support from the other parent.

Ensure the best child custody situation for a special needs child

Raising a child with special needs is challenging. But, what many people do not know is that it can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Parents of special needs children, just like other families, sometimes decide to go their separate ways. When there are separate households, the determination of which parent will provide for the special needs child will be decided by the child custody arrangement.

Grandparents' rights are possible but not always clear-cut

The bond between grandchild and grandparent can be really special. Sometimes, grandparents even care for grandchildren in a way that is more parental. They may financially support them, care for their day-to-day needs and even discipline, when necessary. However, even if a grandparent is caring for a child and acting like a parent, they may not have any legal rights.

MA military divorce can be different from civilian divorce

Our active and retired military members and their families often make many sacrifices in service to their country. Time away, stressful work situations and other factors can put a strain on home life. As time wears on, this can lead a married couple to consider divorce. If one or both spouses are military members, their divorce is considered a military divorce.

Contact Our Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Subscribe To This Blog's Feed Office Location

Claudette-Jean Girard, Attorney at Law
1380 Main Street,Suite 302
Springfield, MA 01103
Springfield Law Office Map

Phone: 413-315-5518
Toll Free: 877-622-6089
Fax: 413-886-0220
Contact the firm

Claudette-Jean Girard, Attorney at Law
P.O. Box 278
Monson, MA 01057
Get Directions

Lead Counsel Rated | LC