An Attorney Who Has Walked In Your Shoes

Protecting Your Child’s Best Interests

Whether during a divorce or outside of one, child custody and visitation are some of the most important legal issues most people will ever face.

Children and parents need relationships with each other. When you and your kids’ other parent aren’t living together, it can be hard to come up with a child custody plan and visitation schedule that works for everyone.

I’ve been there. I’ve been divorced, and I am remarried to a divorced father. I raised a blended family, so I understand all of the issues that come up.

I am attorney Claudette-Jean Girard, and I represent parents throughout western Massachusetts during initial child custody and visitation determination and when changes in custody or visitation schedules are needed. Contact me to arrange a free initial consultation.

Setting Up Your Initial Child Custody And Visitation Order

I provide experienced, caring legal help with child custody and visitation determinations, either during the divorce or for unmarried parents.

In Massachusetts, child custody and visitation are decided based on your children’s best interests. Your order or agreement should also be fair to you.

You will need to work with your kids’ other parent in the long term. My goal is to help you negotiate an agreement that everyone can live with. If necessary, I can protect your interests and those of your children in court.

What Can You Do If Your Child’s Other Parent Is Denying You Visitation?

Although we hope it never happens, some parents do try to limit their children’s other parent’s ability to spend time with the kids.

Occasionally, the reasons are legitimate — but neither parent has the right to change visitation arrangements without getting a modification to the court order.

Unfortunately, in many cases denied child visitation is done outside the courts. If this is happening to you, you have the right to seek a contempt of court hearing.

No one has the right to keep you from your court-ordered child visitation. If you have concerns, contact me today to arrange a free consultation.

Changes In Custody And Visitation

I also help with getting changes in custody or visitation. A change in child custody or visitation is accomplished by going back to court and asking for a modification to the order.

A visitation or child custody modification can be obtained for a variety of reasons, such as a substantial change in circumstances or if there is proof that one parent is abusing or neglecting the children.

An experienced family lawyer can protect your interests without compromising your children’s. We can work together to develop a solution that works best for you and your family.

For a free consultation about child custody or visitation, call 877-622-6089. I offer weekday, evening and weekend appointments, at a location convenient to you.